Thursday, June 14, 2007

Journal #3 - Private Jacob Allen, Jekotian 83rd Airborne Armored Division

June 25, 2985

Its been a week since I've had time to write a journal, and its making me insane. This is the only thing that lets me get my thoughts down and maintains my sanity.

We succeeded at our mission, thank God, managed to take out the weapons lab that was supplying this region with biological weapons. Unfortunately our intel was wrong. We were informed by spies that the biological materials were safely sealed and posed no threat, but as soon as we destroyed the facility there was a pressure wave carrying hell-knows-what. We lost five men to it, and six tanks are too contaminated to even go near.

We spent the next few days slowly heading back toward our main base for this region, positioned far up north. We get to stop at night to make repairs to the tanks and sleep, but its pretty restless. Everyone is hungry as we didn't bring enough provisions for an extended operation, and theres still no contact on the radio.

The entire platoon is paranoid now, we've been ambushed twice, and cant take much more. At this rate there going to find us in the night and carpet bomb us. Our CO says theres no threat of that since were so far north that a carpet bombing would create havoc on the coastal Brenodi cities.

Why did I sign up for this shit? Oh, wait, I didn't. When I get back home, I'm killing my draft officer.


Private Jacob Allen,
Jekotian 83rd Airborne Armored Division

No comments: